Usually, most of the firearms that are out there will feature an ergonomic handle. However, for most of the weapons, the material that is used on the handle can wear-off over time, which can make it difficult for you to get a firm hold over it. And no matter what type of firearm you use, getting a firm grip on the handle is crucial.
Now, even if your gun’s handle is in pristine condition, you will have to get the best gun grip tape if you want to get a better hold over it. And getting that among all of the tapes that are available in the market is something that is easier said than done.
Well, as you have stumbled upon us, you will not have to worry about that anymore. We are going to make sure that the choosing process feels like taking a walk in the park for you.
Before we do get into the detailed reviews, we would like to state the ones that we think are the best overall pick.
That would be the one that Talon is offering. It is only 0.5 millimeters thick, and can increase the overall gripping ability substantially.
However, if you are a little tight on the budget, you can pick the one that is from HI-TECH industries.
It includes three strips that are customizable. Also, it has a soft-rubbery texture, which significantly increases the comfort level.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Comparison
- 2 9 Best Gun Grip Tape Reviews
- 2.1 1. TALON Grips for Glock 43 (Best Pick)
- 2.2 2. HI-TEC Industries Tape for Guns (Budget Pick)
- 2.3 3. Foxx Grips -Gun Tape Glock 43 (Rubber Enhancement)
- 2.4 4. Red Cat Pistol & Gun Tape
- 2.5 5. Foxx Grips -Gun Tape Material Sheet 6 x 6 inch Rubber Texture
- 2.6 6. TriRanger Grip Tape Sheet
- 2.7 7. Red Cat Tactical Police Military Grade Tape
- 2.8 8. Higoo 5″x7″ Black Rubber Textured Gun Tape Material Sheet
- 2.9 9. Valcatch Non-Slip Rubber Sticker Wrap Tape
- 3 Conclusion
9 Best Gun Grip Tape Reviews
By going through each and every popular option that is available in the market, we were able to put up a narrowed-down list for you.
we have only kept the ones that we think are worthy of recommendation. Have a look at the list that we have compiled exclusively for you:
1. TALON Grips for Glock 43 (Best Pick)
- Available in two different material options
- The unit is pretty easy to install
- Does not add that much amount of thickness
- Creates a functional interface between the operator’s hands and the gun
- Offers an OEM type fit and finish because of the custom design
Let us start our review section off with a gun grip for Glock 43 that TALON is offering. This one is probably the best quality gun grip tape that is out there.
First of all, there are two different options available for this in the case of material. You can choose this one in rubber and granulate.
Also, the rubber one is available in black and moss color options.
No matter which one you choose, you will be able to enjoy a positive and a function inference in between your hands and the gun because of the texture that it has.
As a result, the handling will seem much easier for you.
The thickness of the units is about 0.5 millimeters, which means it will not create any sort of perceptible increase in the case of the handle’s overall thickness.
Because of that, the comfort and the ergonomics of the handle will not face any negative impact.
Lastly, the fit and finish of the unit is OEM quality. Because of such a custom design, you can easily install it on your firearm in just a couple of minutes.
2. HI-TEC Industries Tape for Guns (Budget Pick)
- The package has three individual grips
- Easy to cut and easy to apply
- Does not leave any sticky residues
- Allows you to get a firm hold over your gun by offering a grippy texture
- Will not scuff up other materials when it comes in contact with them
Getting a precut gun grip tape can surely make the installation process straightforward, but you can only apply it to the firearm it was precut for.
Well, that is why HI-TEC Industries is offering this gun grip tape sheet to the market.
To begin with, you are going to get three pieces of sheets in this packet. Each of the sheets is 2 x 8-1/2 inches in size. With that much amount of tape, you can easily wrap multiple handguns.
Besides that, the patterns that it utilizes is not gritty like what some of the other manufacturers are offering. The material that it is made of is synthetic hardened rubber.
For that material, you are going to enjoy a soft yet solid grip. The material is pretty durable too.
Apart from that, the installation process is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is cut it out and stick with the handle of your pistol.
Also, if you decide to remove it, it will not leave any sticky residue like some of the other stickers does.
Lastly, as the material is not scuffy, it will not create any interference with holster carry cases.
3. Foxx Grips -Gun Tape Glock 43 (Rubber Enhancement)
- Implements CNC cutting process for an OEM-like fit and finish
- Easy to install
- Comes with a cleaning pad, which will allow you to clean the handle before installation easily
- Does not have any abrasive characteristics
- The texture is rubbery and comfortable to hold onto
One of the main reasons behind applying these on your gun’s handle would be to increase the overall comfort. And you will be getting that and even more benefits after sticking this unit from Foxx Grips onto your gun’s grip.
First of all, there are two different color options available for this unit. It comes in black and grey. And as the manufacturer utilized CNC cutting techniques, the fit and finish that you are going to get will be just like OEM.
On that note, the application process is pretty straightforward too. It comes in a precut manner. For that reason, you will just have to peel it off and apply it to the handle of your gun.
You would not have to go through the hassles of cutting it by yourself. It even comes with a cleaning pad.
Other than that, the unit features a rubberized texture. Because of implementing that texture, the comfort you will get after applying it will surely amaze you. It does not have that abrasive feel that most of the tapes have.
Alongside that, the texture is grippy. For that reason, you can surely get a firm grip on your gun.
4. Red Cat Pistol & Gun Tape
- Comes in a pack of seven
- Each of the strips is 8.5 inches long, which will enable you to get a wide coverage
- The strips are easily customizable, allowing you to get a perfect fit
- Made of military-grade material, which increases durability
- Features a rubber texture, making it highly comfortable to hold onto
Even though there are a plethora of grip tapes in the market, there are hardly a few that are made of military-grade materials. And this one that is being offered by Red Cat is among those few.
First of all, the tapes have a rubberized texture on the exterior. That means it will not put any scratches, nor will it scuff any surfaces upon contact.
Also, that texture will offer you high comfort. You will not feel like you are holding a grainy and rough material.
Aside from that, you will receive seven strips in each of the packages. Each piece is 8.5 inches long and is easily separable. As a result, you can get a perfect fit on the gun that you own.
Other than that, the strips have a non-slip coating on the exterior.
Because of that, you would not need to worry about losing grip while you are holding the gun even if your hands are sweaty. Tracking targets will be much easier because of that.
Besides that, the manufacturer implemented a highly sticky adhesive on the underside of the strips. The adhesive also does not leave any residues once removed.
5. Foxx Grips -Gun Tape Material Sheet 6 x 6 inch Rubber Texture
- The sheet is 6 x 6 inches, enabling it to fit on any gun
- It implements a rubbery texture, which increases the comfort
- Does not provide a scuffy feeling
- Not that thick, which means you are not adding unnecessary thickness to the handle
- The installation process is relatively easy
Usually, we would recommend going for the precut ones if you want a hassle-free installation experience.
However, with the sheets, you basically have more flexibility over the installation process. And Foxx Grips is here to offer exactly that.
To start with, the size of the sheet that you are going to get is 6 x 6 inches. That amount of tape is more than enough to make a perfectly cut piece for almost all the handguns that are out there. That means you will not have to worry about the compatibility that much for this.
The installation process gets a bit easier after the cutting process. It peels easily from the underside paper, and you will be able to easily stick it on the handle after peeling it.
Also, there is a cleaning pad included in the package.
Apart from that, the texture that it implements on the exterior is rubbery. That texture allows it to offer a substantial amount of comfort. And the tape’s thickness is pretty minimal.
Alongside that, it does not have any abrasiveness too. For that reason, you are not going get that scuffy feeling that most of the other tapes in the market tend to offer.
6. TriRanger Grip Tape Sheet
- Five different texture options available
- The package includes two 5 x 7 inches sheets
- The underside has a strong adhesive, allowing it to stay on the surface for a long amount of time
- All the textures offer a high level of grip
- Offers a high level of comfort
Even though there are plenty of manufacturers offering gun grip tape sheets in the market, not all of them are going to offer you a choice in the case of textures. That is what makes this unit by TriRanger different.
Let us first talk about the thing that makes this stand out the most. The manufacturer is offering five different texture options.
These options are basically a variation of rubbery and granulate material’s texture. You will be able to customize your pistol the way you want to because of all these options.
No matter what texture you choose, the gripping factor of each of them is the same. Also, all of them are highly comfortable too.
Apart from that, the adhesive that these utilizes on the underside is pretty strong. For that reason, you would not have to worry about these coming off from the handle anytime soon.
In the package, you are going to get two pieces of your selected texture sheet. The sheets are 5 x 7 inches in size, which will enable you to get the cutouts of your preference. You can cut and stick it on the handle of any gun that you like.
7. Red Cat Tactical Police Military Grade Tape
- Seven strips are included in one box
- The strips are easily customizable, allowing you to get a customized fit
- Has a semi-gritty texture, which makes it truly non-slip
- Utilizes a strong adhesive, which makes them stick for an extended amount of time
- Increases the overall amount of grip substantially
Most of the pistols that are out there will have a wooden grip. And even though they look classy, they are a bit slippery. Well, that is where this tape from Red Cat comes into play.
To start with, it utilizes a semi-gritty material to offer the absolute non-slip solution. The texture is gritty enough to enable it to achieve non-slip characteristics but not enough to provide you with a discomforting feeling when holding it.
Also, the manufacturer utilized a strong adhesive on the underside of the sheets. For that reason, it is going to securely hold on to the surface that you would stick it on. You will not have to worry about it coming off over time.
Apart from that, the box contains seven strip sheets. They are easy to cut too. So if you are not satisfied with the manufacturer’s precutting, you can easily modify it. For that reason, it achieves the true potential of a gun grip modifier.
Alongside that, the texture that it implements is pretty praiseworthy too. You will not have to worry about not getting a firm grip while handling your gun anymore.
8. Higoo 5″x7″ Black Rubber Textured Gun Tape Material Sheet
- The size of the sheet is 5 x 7 inches, which is relatively large
- Does not leave scuffs on materials
- Has a soft rubbery texture, which enhances the comfort
- Does not leave glue-residues once removed
- Enhances the overall grip of the gun
Among all the tapes that are out there, the ones that have a non-slip characteristic are going to offer you a secure holding experience. An excellent example of units such as that would be this one that Higoo is offering.
Just like the label states, the size of the strip is 5 x 7 inches.
It is large enough to let you get a customized fit on any of the pistols you might own. You can even efficiently cut one of these sheets, which will enable you to stick it on multiple pistols.
Apart from that, the texture that it implements is not gritty. For that reason, you can expect it to not leave any sort of scuffs on your clothing and on your carrying holster.
Instead, it implements a rubbery texture, which will increase the overall comfort level.
Besides that, the texture is grippy too. As a result, getting a firm of your pistol will be much easier for you. The installation process is fairly easy too.
And even if you make mistakes while applying it, it will not leave any residues once you remove it.
Lastly, the thickness is relatively minimal. As a result, you will not have to worry about adding extra weight or thickness.
9. Valcatch Non-Slip Rubber Sticker Wrap Tape
- Made of high-quality rubber
- Has a soft texture, which makes it highly comfortable to hold
- Resistant to wearing and tearing, making it exceptionally durable
- Utilizes high-quality adhesive that does not leave any residues once removed
- Easy to apply and easy to detach
What most of the brands will utilize during producing these is rubber. However, there are hardly a few that utilize a high-quality rubber like the Valcatch.
As we mentioned, the rubber that Vlacatch utilized while manufacturing this is of high quality. Because of that, the comfort level that you will get will be much higher than the average tapes that are out in the market.
Apart from that, the increment of grip after applying this on your gun will be pretty substantial too. And as the material is non-slip, you will be able to easily get a firm grip over your gun.
The utilized rubber is highly resistant to wear and tear. As it is combined with the strong adhesive that it has on the underside, you will not have to worry about it losing stickiness and wearing out anytime soon.
Also, the unit is pretty easy to attach and detach. And because of implementing a high-quality adhesive, it will not leave glue-residues once you remove it from the surface.
The thickness is quite minimal too. For that reason, the handle will not feel thick after you apply this tape to it.
Now that you know about the best gun grip tape that the manufacturers are offering in the market, hopefully, choosing one will feel like a piece of cake for you.
With that being said, we wish to conclude here by hoping that you can get a high level of comfort and grip while holding your firearm.